Below you will find answers to the most common questions we are asked about CASTOR -
the manufacturers’ gateway for 3D printing. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.
1. What types of files does CASTOR support and are files uploaded as an assembly?
2. What is the maximum file size?
3. How long will it take to receive results after an upload?
4. How many different parts can I analyze?
5. How is the model’s cost estimation calculated?
1. Does CASTORs software fix STL files?
2. What criteria does the software utilize to check printability? (printing volume, wall thickness, gap clearance, interlocked/enclosed parts, voids, material removal hole, collisions, geometry defects, etc).
3. How does the software suggest changes for part consolidation?
4. What additional information is needed by the user other than the uploaded files? (part specific material/tolerance information)
1. What are the supported processes and technologies? (Stratasys FDM, 3D Systems SLS, etc…)
2. Are you in partnership with any service bureau?
3. How does CASTOR choose a printer, material, and a service bureau?
4. How does CASTOR estimate a part’s lead time?
Have more questions?
We’ll get back to you
with an answer…